Recent Items listed in the start menu are stored in:
Recent items listed in jump lists are stored in:
you can press Win+R and paste “%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent” and press OK will open the folder. You can select all file and press delete for manual process.
And again press Win+R and paste “%appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations “ and press OK will open the folder. You can select all file and press delete for manual process.
Or you can simply open command Prompt and paste this “del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\* “ command and press enter, then press “Y” and press enter again will clear data automatically.
Method 2 (Clear Recent history on exit)
- Go to Start menu, and type gpedit.msc in the search line and press Enter.
- If prompted by UAC, click on Continue.
- Now go to this folder : User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Once you got to this folder, you will find ‘Clear history of recently opened documents on exit’ in the right pane, just double click on it.
NOTE: This option will also clear the Recent items in Jump Lists as well, and not just in the Start Menu.
- Right click on the Start button, and click on Properties.
- Uncheck the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box, and click on Apply.
- If you would like to turn recent items back on, then check the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box.
Reference: Muthukumar (http://nadarmuthukumar.blogspot.in)
Hope you liked this and let me know your thoughts on post through your comments :)